Cookies

Sunday 9 July 2017

Cuppa Catch Up June

 Hold up. HOLD UP. How is it July already? Where is the year going? 

 As we've reached the end of June (and nearly the middle of July?!) it's about time I gave you a run down of the month. Go pop the kettle on, make your beverage of choice, and let's have a catch up!

 On the first day of the month Tom and I flew out to Majorca for a week's holiday. We stayed in the area of Playa de Muro, and our week was filled with drinking cocktails, being on the beach, and eating A LOT of food. It feels like such a long time ago now and it was depressing returning to the rainy UK! For more photos check out <<this post>>.
 We returned back to Sheffield (we had gone back to Suffolk before our holiday and Tilly had a holiday at my parents whilst we were away) and back to normality after our holiday! After returning to the rain, we've actually had some really lovely hot weather, and so we've been out enjoying it. We've also had a stint of winning our local pub quiz a few weeks in a row which has meant lots of pizza!!! 

In the last week of June I went on a team away day, and for the fun half of the day we went to The Art House for a pottery session. I absolutely LOVED the session - it made me realise how much I miss getting arty - and I can't wait to see what my coasters look like once they've been glazed. I spent the last day of the month out in the peaks near Froggatt helping out with The University of Sheffield's Big Walk. The Big Walk helped to contribute to the Sheffield Scanner campaign, and the aim of the walk was to complete 50 miles in 24 hours!! As this seemed an unfathomable distance for me to walk (some people even ran!) but I still wanted to be a part of it, I volunteered to be a marshall. After an early wake up at 5(!) I went down to the uni to be at the starting line, before going out to the peaks. It was actually the last day of my graduate internship (I'm still staying on at the uni but in a different department) and it was a slightly surreal way to end it!

How was your June?

Jess x 







Share:

1 comment

  1. Tilly stayed with us in June and enjoyed playing with our rescue border collie Max Xxxx

    ReplyDelete

© jesslouisekeen | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig