Cookies

Thursday 21 July 2016

Chocolate Honeycomb Cupcakes

 Hello there! Today I want to share with you a recipe for chocolate honeycomb cupcakes that I made a couple of weeks ago as they were SO GOOD. I took this recipe from Tanya Burr's book Tanya Bakes and looking through there are so many recipes that I want to try! It's a beautifully pictured book, and I would definitely have a look at it if you spot it in a book shop. 



Ingredients for the cupcakes:
50g butter, softened
180g caster sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
100g plain flour
60g cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
160ml milk
100g chocolate chips



Depending on how long your oven takes to heat up, heat it to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 5 and line the cupcake tray with cases. 
Cream together the butter and the sugar (I found that they didn't exactly 'cream' but they came together once I added the egg). Stir in the egg and vanilla.





Fold in the flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder.



Slowly add the milk to form a batter, and then add the chocolate chips.





Spoon the mixture into the cases. I used one of those ice cream scoops that can be used for cake mixture, and this made it a lot easier to get equal amounts into each that were flat on top! Place in the oven for 20-25 minutes, and then transfer to a wire rack to cool.


Ingredients for the icing:
200g icing sugar
100g butter, softened
3tbsp caramel
1 Crunchie bar

In the recipe book Tanya says to use 500g icing sugar, 250g butter, 200g of caramel, and 2 Crunchie bars, but this would be way too much for these cupcakes. Even though I cut it down to 200g icing sugar, I still had some icing remaining! 

Break up the Crunchie bar into small pieces to decorate.
Mix the icing sugar and the butter together so the butter is broken up but they're not completely mixed in with one another. Add the caramel, and then mix until smooth.





Spoon the icing onto your cupcakes, add a few bits of the Crunchie bar, and dig in!



I really enjoyed making a different type of cupcake, and the icing alone would make me make these again. These are also a massive party pleaser (not that I actually had a party haha). I gave some to some friends who came round (plus Tom) and they absolutely loved them. If you don't like Crunchies, why not add a different kind of chocolate to the top? If you recreate these, as always, let me know! I'd love to hear what you think of them. I'm sure I'll be posting more creations from the Tanya Bakes book soon!

Love Jess xxx


Share:

3 comments

  1. Why were there none of these when we came round?? Hmmmmm...... 😃😃

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading this post gave me the worst midnight munchies!! I need Tanya's baking book so badly...but then again do I really need ANOTHER baking book? Would you recommend it? Awesome post, I'm extremely jealous that your friends that got to eat these! Jess xx

    www.almostchic.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a beautifully laid out book and there's lots of different baking recipes to choose from! I know that there's been a few mis-typos that the company have released alterations for, and with this recipe I ended up changing some of the quantities myself as the amount of icing it stated would have been excessive! That being said, if you're not a newbie to baking and would recognise if amounts are excessive, I would definitely look into it! Jess xxx

      Delete

© jesslouisekeen | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig