Cookies

Sunday 4 October 2015

Make Time For Yourself



Hello there! I was originally going to title this post along the lines of having a 'you' evening, but then I thought why does this have to be restrained to one period of the day?
It's all well and good being busy, and trying to please everyone, but you can lose yourself amongst it all. I know personally if I have too much on it all becomes too much and overwhelms me. Sometimes it can be too easy to forget yourself amongst all the things that you need to do, but this will lead to becoming frustrated and frazzled. Make sure to make quality time for yourself throughout the week, and if this is at a regular time on a certain day each week it'll always be something to look forward to when you're super busy.
 Now that I'm into my third year of University, as I know I'll have a lot to do, I'm trying to make sure that during the week I focus on my work, and give myself the weekend off. I know at times last semester it got to the point where I would be doing work at the weekend and I wouldn't really feel like I had a break from it. By giving myself these two days off a week I hope to ensure that both my body and mind take a break, and that at the weekend I spend time doing things that I enjoy, which I can look forward to during the week.
 Along with this I'm also trying to ensure that by 17:30 each day I have finished working, so that my evenings are a break in-between working times where I can chill out. Along with giving yourself breaks in-between work, I've found that a part of this is needing to dedicate time to spend with yourself. I love hanging out with family and friends, but I find that I need to spend some time alone every now and then and that this is perfectly okay.

Some of my favourite things to do in 'me' time are:
-Cup of tea and some biscuits
-Having a bath (for the full works with a bath bomb)
-Taking a walk through the park
-Watch youtube videos
-Watch one of my favourite TV programmes
-Get ready for bed early and read a good book
-Clean: I find if I tidy the area around me it helps to unjumble my mind
-Read a magazine
-Do some crafts 
-Do some painting
-Bake
-Listen to a playlist I've made 
-Plan future blogposts
-Change my bed covers: there's nothing better than getting into a freshly made bed!
-Put a face mask on
-Add to my pinterest boards 
-Plan date nights (next up on the alphabet dates is U- any ideas??)

 I hope that this has inspired you to create some time to look after yourself on a regular basis. What  sort of things do you like to do in your 'me' time? I may just have to give some of them a go!

Love Jess xxx
Share:

2 comments

  1. I like putting my earphones on and listening to some favourite music with my eyes closed. Also st the moment going on Animal Crossing on my 3DS, I loose track of time when I do this but I can completely immerse myself xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favourite thing to relax is make a massive cup of tea, put on my rudolf leggings (they're so cozy) and read blog posts :)

    http://ruthyb1.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

© jesslouisekeen | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig