Cookies

Monday 28 September 2015

Fortnightly Catch Up #7

 Hello there! How are you? I can't believe that this is the last fortnightly catch up post before I start my third and final year of University. This summer has been so busy, but I feel like I've achieved a lot, and so I begin my last year with no regrets. The last two weeks have been spent working, reading, and generally preparing myself for the start of a new year and term. 
 The first week of the fortnight was busy, but was still quiet in terms of people in and around Sheffield. I was able to pick up my leaflets for the SURE research project that I completed over the summer, so if you are in Sheffield be sure to take a visit to Special Collections in Western Bank Library to see it!



 I was finally reunited with Reesha again, and on the Friday I spent the afternoon at her house helping her unpack her things and sort her room out. Although I am glad that I was able to stay in the same house for this year, I did miss not being able to decorate a new room with my things! It makes me look forward to moving out next summer and being able to decorate a whole house myself (with a bit of input from Tom).

 One evening my housemate Ross and I made pancakes and oh my were they good. We had never made them before, so it was bit of a work in progress, but by the end we got used to how much batter was needed and how long they would take etc. For my pancakes I cut up marshmallows and strawberries and put these on a spread of nutella. They were really rich so I could only manage two, but I know for a fact that we will definitely be making them again!





































 At the weekend I was working back in the student village of Ranmoor as it was the beginning of freshers week for the new students! After working two twelve hour shifts, I converted my steps into km, and then miles, to find that I had walked twenty one miles in total over the weekend! It was tough but I did enjoy chatting to the new students about Sheffield. I even moved someone into my old room which was really weird as I hadn't been in there since I moved out at the end of first year.
 Being back around the union with the freshers made both Tom and I feel very old. Seeing people out with maps, collecting all the leaflets that they can, and generally just looking youthful made us think- did we look that young when we moved to Sheffield? Although feeling old, I am glad that I know my way around the place, and that I generally know what's going on.
 In the middle of this week just gone, Tom's dad and brother came for a visit. It was lovely to spend some time with them, especially as his brother is off to University next week! This past fortnight has been quite nostalgic for when I first came to Sheffield, and how nervous/excited I was. I'm hoping that this last year will be as good, if not better, than the last two fabulous years have been!



































What have you been up to over the past fortnight?

Love Jess xxx
Share:

1 comment

  1. After several weeks of organising was finally able to wrap up presents to bring up to Sheffield this weekend for someone special 21st birthday!!

    ReplyDelete

© jesslouisekeen | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig