Cookies

Sunday 5 July 2015

Fortnightly Catch-Up #1

 Hello there! How are you? I thought that I would start to do a regular 'Fortnightly Catch-Up' post, as I miss being able to document everything that I've been up to, but through doing a fortnightly post on what I've been up to I should have a lot to talk about! I really enjoy looking back on my #52weeksofhappiness posts, to see the little things that I had gotten up to that I had forgotten about, and so I would like to carry this on. 
 Okay so onto the last fortnight! This fortnight has been split between being in Sheffield, and coming back home to Suffolk. I'm currently doing a research project (which I will eventually tell you more about!) and so that has been keeping me busy! My week in Sheffield saw me saying goodbye to a few friends for the summer, and especially with housemates I've been so used to seeing them on a daily basis that it's strange that I won't see them for a couple of months. Megan came round on the Tuesday evening, where I cooked her tea (yes I am one of those people who call it tea rather than 'dinner'), and while we ate this we watched the film Clueless which I hadn't seen in ages! I had a lovely evening with her, and Megan if you're reading this, good luck in Italy! You'll have an amazing time. 

 Before I came home on the Friday, I went to see Lucy who I hadn't seen in ages. Numerous cups of tea were had, and she made me some lunch so I didn't have to go so soon! Luckily Lucy is staying in Sheffield for most of the summer, so I'm sure I'll be seeing her a lot more! Tom and Megan saw me off at the station and luckily my train was on time! I'm very glad that I had booked a seat, as for some reason a load of people got on at Nottingham and quite a few of them had to stand. The only real downside was that it was so hot to begin with! Luckily after about an hour on the train they came along and opened the windows for us- I don't think I could have sat on the train for four hours in that heat. I haven't been home since the Easter holidays, and obviously I am very happy to see my family, but, I have been reunited with Tilly! I really do miss having her around in Sheffield, and so I can't wait for the day when she can come live with me!


 As well as being reunited with Tilly, I've been able to have cuddles with Mitzi again!



 Last Sunday my parents and I took a trip to Snape Maltings near Aldeburgh. I don't really know how to describe what it is exactly- there's some shops and galleries, I've just looked on wikipedia and it  describes it as an 'art complex'. I hadn't been here for years, so I really enjoyed being able to go back and have a look around! If you're ever in the area and need something to do for an afternoon, I would really recommend going here (FYI the cafe does a really good caramel slice!)

 I've mainly come home at this time to house sit while my parents have gone on holiday! This means that Tom has remained in Sheffield, and so I've been Skyping him. It's so strange not seeing him everyday as I have gotten so used to living with him now. He's coming to visit next weekend for a couple of days which I am really looking forward to! 


 A couple of weeks ago, I entered a giveaway that Megan from the blog Meorgie was running, and I won! I was so surprised, and my parcel arrived really quickly. I really like using the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish and as this is a smaller sized one, I will be saving it for my trips away this summer! Now I am one of those people who are pale as pale can be, and I can tan, but I'm not one of those people who step outside and automatically seep up the sunshine. As a part of the giveaway I won a bottle of the Bondi Sands tanning mousse in dark. Now with dark I thought ooh, this could go one of two ways. I decided to try it out and see what the results were like! The bottle says to use 2-3 pumps per area, but as I didn't know how it would come out, I only used 1. I used a mitt to rub it in so that there were no streaks or funny patches, and then I let it develop for an hour. It says you can develop it for up to 6 hours depending on how dark you want to be, and as it was the first time I was using it I left it on for the minimum amount of time. After the hour I had a shower, and I was really impressed with how it looked! I didn't suddenly want to look like I had been on holiday for a month, but rather that I had just caught the sun a little bit, and it looked really natural. I think another time I would still use 1 pump, but leave it on for maybe 1 1/2 hours-2 hours to develop. I know that personally this time of year when you first start wearing skirts etc and your legs are on show, things like this can give you bit of confidence to do so and then you can build up your own tan gradually, and do it in a safe way that isn't damaging to your skin! 


 On Wednesday evening I went out for a meal to Zaks in Poringland with Ned, Bradley and Lewis. It was really lovely to see them again, as obviously through being in Sheffield I don't get to see them as often as I would like! I had a chicken burger with a side of sweet potato fries and boy was I full when I finished. I'm hoping that I'll be able to see them all again before I return to Sheffield!


 So I can't be the only one who's been enjoying the sunshine can I? Unfortunately the rain has turned up today, but for this past week the sunshine has been glorious. As my parents are away and I haven't got a car, I walked into Bungay and back to have my haircut, and although it was really hot, it was so nice to be outside! In Sheffield although the parks aren't too far away from where I live, I do miss being able to just go and sit outside in the garden when the weather's nice with a book.


 I've managed to keep myself busy, and I'm trying to enjoy what could very well be the last 'summer holiday' time that I have! Have you been up to anything recently? 

As you can see, my blog is looking a bit different today- I hope you like it!

Love Jess xxx
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© jesslouisekeen | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig