Cookies

Saturday 9 May 2015

#52weeksofhappiness-Week 51

 Hello there! How has your week been? I honestly don't know where these weeks are going, and next week will be my final #52weeksofhappiness post! Over the next few weeks, my time will mainly consist of essay reading/writing and revising for my exam. I will try and do a few fun things here and there so you have something else to read other than 'I've been writing essays'! This week coming is my last week in uni before reading week/exam period. I can't actually comprehend how I am nearly at the end of my second year- it doesn't seem 5 minutes since I was doing my A levels and worrying about whether I was coming to University or not. To anyone who is currently at university, or are sitting their A levels, all I can say is make sure you make the most of the opportunities given to you, as the years will fly by!
 Last Saturday we went out to Pop Tarts for Tom's 'birthday bash part 2'. As the election was coming on Thursday, the theme was 'vote tarts' which meant there were a lot of masks of politicians about. I can't actually express how terrifying it was seeing the faces of well known politicians dancing to the Spice Girls. Sunday was more of a relaxed day, and Tom and I finished off Homeland series 3! Now series 3 wasn't as good as series 1/2, but we still really enjoyed watching it. I'm now just waiting for Tom to order series 4! 
 Weather-wise the bank holiday was beautiful, but unfortunately I spent most of the day in the library! It's so typical that normally bank holidays have terrible weather, and on the one day where I'm going to be inside, it's gloriously sunny. In the afternoon as a group we went to Megan's to watch Moulin Rouge (which was required for one of our modules) and so although it was still technically 'working' it didn't feel like we were as we were able to sit down and have some snacks and watch a film. I've really enjoyed being able to incorporate film into my degree, as with literature you wouldn't normally expect that you could. 
 On Thursday Megan, Nicola and I went to watch a production of 'Henry V', that was a part of the University's 'Arts and Humanities Festival'. I had heard of Henry V, but I didn't know any of the plot line, and so it was enjoyable being able to watch a Shakespeare play that I hadn't analysed or read myself, and to watch it in the way it would have been accessed originally.






































What made you happy this week?

Love Jess xxx
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© jesslouisekeen | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig