Cookies

Tuesday 28 April 2015

April Favourites

 Hello there! I really have no idea how, but it is time for a round up of my monthly favourites! I honestly don't know where these months are flying by. So let's get into the things that I have been loving throughout April!

Sunshine
 This month spring really does seem to have sprung. Gone are the days of freezing cold snow, and the week beginning the 20th had fabulous weather. Days of endless sunshine, with highs of 19 degrees made me feel like I was no longer in Sheffield, but actually somewhere hot. Even if at times throughout the month it has been windy, the sun has been beautiful. It really does seem to make everyone feel a lot happier and a lot cheerier, which is always a plus.

I know I used this in my #52weeksofhappiness post, but it was such a beautiful day!






































Flowers
 It's been lovely walking through the parks on the way into uni and seeing all of the flowers in bloom. I have purchased and repurchased daffodils to sit in our lounge which has been really lovely and added an extra 'spring' element. Tom was also lovely enough to buy me some tulips which have been sitting in my room on my bookcase. Seeing all of the flowers in bloom, with the backdrop of the brilliant sunshine has made for a happy month!



James Bay
 After the long wait, James Bay's album was released at the end of March. Entitled 'Chaos and the Calm' it is simply beautiful. I'm so gutted that when I found out that he was playing in Sheffield it was too late and tickets had already sold out.  My favourite tracks are 'Craving', 'Best Fake Smile', 'When We Were On Fire', 'Collide', and 'Get Out While You Can'. I actually found it really hard having to pick my favourite tracks, as honestly I love them all. There isn't one track that I think 'oh I'm going to skip this one'. If you haven't listened to the new album, I would highly recommend that you do so!

J Lo 'Live' Perfume
 Now I'm not normally one to go for the perfumes that celebrities 'make'. However, I was on the lookout for a new perfume this time last year for when I went away to Lanzarote and after smelling this one, I just had to have it. I have found myself reaching for it a lot this month, I don't if it's because it's becoming sunnier and so is making me get into the holiday spirit, or simply the smell, but I've been loving it. As I didn't use it until I went away to Lanzarote, a lot of good memories come flooding back when I wear it which brightens my day! I'm not very good at describing scents, so here it what it says on the website: live is a beautiful blend of orange, lemon, pineapple, peony, violet, caramel, vanilla, tonka beans and sandalwood. I know this may sound like a lot of ingredients, but I think they all work together well as they must only have a small amount of each.
 I also really like having perfume bottles that look pretty on my dresser, and as you can see this is one such example!






































White Pumps
 As the weather has been getting warmer, I've been pulled towards wearing pumps a lot more and leaving the boots behind. I picked up this pair from Primark when I went to Leeds for the weekend and I really love them! They look great with tights, but I've been wearing them with jeans and a brightly coloured varnish on the toes. I look forward to wearing them with dresses and skirts come the summer months! The only downside (as you can probably see) is that I managed to scuff one of the toes whilst I was walking down to uni. I don't think it'll affect them too much, but I may have to somehow colour it in!






































So there you have it, my April favourites! Is there anything that you have been loving in particular this month?

Love Jess xxx
Share:

1 comment

© jesslouisekeen | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig