Cookies

Tuesday 3 February 2015

Ham and Mushroom Muffins/Cookies

 Hello there! It's time for another baking post! Instead of a sweet recipe, this one will be savoury. I bought the Hummingbird Bakery Cupcakes and Muffins recipe book a few weeks ago, as flicking through there was a lot of recipes that I wanted to try! One that particularly caught my eye was 'Ham and Mushroom Muffins' which I thought was really different! If you've been reading this blog for a while, you will have seen my love for this combination. So here's how you to can recreate these!

Ingredients:
-50g butter
-1/2 small onion, finely chopped
-80g mushrooms, chopped
-360g plain flour
-2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
-250g grated cheese
-220ml milk
-1 egg
-80g smoked ham, chopped
-Salt and pepper

Process:
Melt the butter in a pan over medium heat, and fry the mushrooms/onion until cooked. Season with salt and pepper, and then set aside.



Put the flour, baking powder, and cheese in a large bowl. 

In a separate bowl mix the milk and egg together.

Slowly mix this into the flour mixture. The recipe said to use an electric whisk, but I found this quite hard to do, so resorted to a wooden spoon. 

Stir in the onion/mushrooms/ham to the mixture. Again I used a wooden spoon and tried to make sure it was evenly spread.

Spoon the mixture into the cases. I personally don't have a muffin tray or cases, so I just used large cupcake cases. This meant that I had some mixture left over, so I decided to make some 'cookies' out of them too. This led to them becoming more scone-like and these actually came out better than the muffins did!
Place in a preheated oven at 170 degrees and bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. 


Leave to cool for a bit, and then enjoy!

I really enjoyed baking something that was a bit different and would definitely recommend them! Another time I don't think I would bother putting them in cupcake cases, but would make the 'cookie' version of them.

If you recreate these, please tweet me @jesslouisekeen with a photo!

Love Jess xxx
Share:

1 comment

  1. that's different, as you got me to eat a savoury waffle, I feel I should try these xx

    ReplyDelete

© jesslouisekeen | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig