Cookies

Tuesday 13 January 2015

Don't Let Fear Hold You Back

 Hello there! I didn't really have this post planned, but I had a bit of a worry the other day about what I'm going to do after Uni. It all boiled down to the fact that I'm someone who likes to be in control of what I'm doing and to have a plan. I've learnt that I'm not one of those people who can just go along in life and 'see how it goes'. 
 It's now getting to the stage in life that soon I will have to step outside of my comfort zone. I'm one of those people who like to feel nice and secure in my squishy cosy comfort. I'm not one for doing the 'extreme', (although weirdly I would like to do a skydive one day?!).  One of the scariest things that I have done is to leave home and go to University. What if all that effort I put in went to waste and I hated it? OBVIOUSLY I LOVE IT. Picking to go to Sheffield was one of the best decisions that I have ever made. I sometimes think how different my life would be if I hadn't of gone to Uni. For me, it's not just about the study. It's about the experiences that you have. I for one would not change it for the world. Had I let fear get in the way of my journey, (and believe me I did freak out before I went- for Christmas the year before I received gifts to be used at uni which completely overwhelmed me resulting in me bursting into tears!) then I wouldn't be the person I am today. 

Source
 This photo and quote sum it up for me. Fear of something shouldn't hold you back. This sort of relates to my 'Saying Yes' post that I did a while back (and if you missed it you can catch up here). I always think that the fear of something is a lot worse than the actual thing. What is the worst thing that can happen if you give something a try? It's better to live a life full of 'having a go' moments, rather than one of regrets. Do as much as you can while you can. It doesn't even have to be big things,  something small can give you that bit of confidence which can help you in the long run. 
 I'm going to try and not let fear hold me back. Worrying about something that could never happen won't help anybody. As Peter Pan says, "To live would be an awfully big adventure".

Is there a fear that you can face?

Love Jess xxx

FYI for my friends in the middle of essays and exams, did you know that 'desserts' is 'stressed' backwards? So go and eat some CAKE!
Share:

2 comments

  1. Making a change is more scarey as one gets older. I am glad that I took change by the horns and rode it to a different job xxx

    ReplyDelete

© jesslouisekeen | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig