Cookies

Sunday 21 February 2016

Valentine's Trip to York

 Hello there! I can't believe that it's been a week already, but last Sunday Tom and I took a trip to York for the day. We hadn't been to York since our trip last year for our anniversary, so we thought it was about time that we returned. As York is such a beautiful place I thought I would share with you what we got up to! 
 York is only about an hour away from Sheffield by train so it was easy enough to get to and near enough to go to for the day. There's plenty to do in York as I've been a few times over the years now both with my parents and with Tom, and there's still things like the Viking centre that we have yet to venture to. Unfortunately at the moment owing to the recent flooding the centre is shut until further notice, so we will definitely have to return once it's reopened!
 Once we arrived we went for a walk around part of the walls that surround the city. We are still yet to walk fully round them, and I want to one day just when it's a bit warmer! We got down from the walls close to the river and walked over towards the castle. On walking into the centre and making our way along the Shambles we took a trip to Bella Italia for lunch, where of course, we had the classic Tom and Jess meal of pizza. 








































After lunch we made our way to The Minster Gate bookshop which although appearing small from the outside, has various rooms all filled with secondhand books which we both enjoyed looking round. I picked up a couple of books which I look forward to reading in due course once my course reading is over! 



 We had a wander round the shops before deciding that it was time for a cup of tea and some cake. We had a look at visiting Betty's, but the queue was absolutely ridiculous! I know it's famous in York but the cake can't be that good; I have honestly never seen a queue that big for a cafe. After finding another cafe and stopping for some cake, it was time to get the train back to Sheffield!






































 Tom and I had a lovely day and I would definitely recommend a trip to York if you have never been before! I did have a look at the University online all those years ago, but as you needed a language A level to do English I had to take that off as a possibility! 

Which are your favourite cities to visit?

Love Jess xxx
Share:

1 comment

  1. York is definitely our favourite city, probably Edinburgh as second xxxx😃😃⛪️❤️😘

    ReplyDelete

© jesslouisekeen | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig