Cookies

Sunday 24 January 2016

Cuppa Catch Up January



 Hello there! Wow it feels like a long time since I've typed that. The fact that I'm writing a blog post can mean only one thing: I've finished all of my assessments and exams for this semester! (Ensue a rendition of 'Celebration' by Kool and the Gang). I thought it was time we had a little catch up so go and make yourself a cuppa and come back and join me. The last few weeks have been a blur of reading, writing, reading some more, writing some more...you get it. It feels quite surreal that I don't need to write any more essays or revise Wuthering Heights and Alice in Wonderland anymore (I can now go back to enjoying them again!). I'll wake up and think 'oh I must go do some work', and then I have the joyful realisation that this isn't the case. I apologise to any of you who are currently in the middle of assessment and exams, but you'll soon understand my happiness.
 I am not going to lie to you, this weekend has been spent chilling out and drinking numerous cups of tea. Second semester-my last one ever-begins in a couple of weeks so I have a bit of time to recuperate before I'm hit by the next lot of work and stress of trying to find a house/a job etc. I'm hoping if I try to remain calm things like finding a house/job will just work itself out. One big thing that has been set in motion is the fact that I've had a couple of refresher driving lessons. I passed my driving test back in 2012 and drove for a year before coming to University, but I hadn't driven since and I had never driven in a massive city like Sheffield. As I will be staying up in Sheffield once I graduate I decided to have my refresher lessons here so that I knew how to drive around the area, especially how to tackle the massive University roundabout! I was a bit wobbly on my first refresher lesson, but the second one went really well and driving felt normal again. I'm going to have another lesson before I go home for Easter to tackle the motorway as I've never driven on one before as the nearest one at home was over an hour away. I'm very excited as when I go home for Easter I'll be picking up my car! I didn't want to leave getting a car until I graduate as I knew that trying to do it at that time would be stressful, and so by doing it now I'm prepared, plus it means when I return I can FINALLY go to a proper supermarket and put my shopping in a boot rather than struggle home with my bags. The whole refresher lessons/getting a car has gone smoothly so I hope that this is a sign that everything else will too! (Fingers crossed)
 Tom and I have recently been watching The Man in the High Castle in the evenings. There's 10 episodes to the first series (they've been given the go ahead for a second) and we quickly got through the series. I won't give too much away but it's focused on America with the view of what it could have been like if the Nazi's had won WWII. As you know my dissertation is going to be focused upon the Holocaust, and so I found this premise interesting. It is a really interesting series to watch and I would definitely recommend looking it up!
 Phew! that was a longer post than I was expecting. Rather than doing a fortnightly catch up post as I have been, I'm going to be doing a cuppa catch up every now and then when something interesting has happened/there's things I want to say. I'm looking forward to getting back into my blog again now I have some more time free, I might start doing a baking series because, well I want to make cake and you all seem to love my baking posts! This is just an idea at the moment but please let me know if this is something you would like to see. I hope you're all well and if you are still revising/writing essays, you've got this!

What have you been up to recently? 

Love Jess xxx
Share:

1 comment

  1. More baking and crafting please my lovely xxxxπŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ°πŸŽ‚πŸ­πŸŽ¨πŸš™πŸš™

    ReplyDelete

© jesslouisekeen | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig