Cookies

Wednesday 2 September 2015

August Favourites

 Hello there! It's the end of August plus a bit more as we've just gone into September, so it can only be time for one thing!

 I honestly cannot believe that we are now in the 9th month of the year, and my third and final year at University is on the horizon. I've had a fab summer which is why I expect it has gone so quickly! So if you are starting back at school, uni, or are simply returning to work after the bank holiday weekend, I hope your summer has been filled with a lot of happy memories. 

Beach Hut Mug
 If you've been a reader of my blog for a while, then you'll know that I love anything that is beach related, especially in the form of homeware. I've always liked going to the beach, but I think I've appreciated it more on moving to Sheffield as the nearest beach is about 1 1/2 hours drive away. For this lack of trips to the beach, I've slowly accumulated a lot of beach themed homeware for my room, and so when I saw this mug in M&S I couldn't say no (although I have a bajillion mugs already!). I've been using this mug a lot, as it's a nice size mug for when you want a cup of tea but don't want a massive one. 

Pop Tarts Playlist
 My music favourite for the month has to be my pop tarts playlist that I've made on my Spotify. As most students have gone home for the summer this means that the union club nights have paused. For those who don't know, 'Pop Tarts' is a club night that is on a Saturday, and is dedicated to playing classics from the 60's-00's. This is the one place where I can get away with knowing all of the words to Robbie Williams, The Spice and Girls and Busted without being judged. For those of you who grew up in the 90's/00's and want to reminisce, a few of my favourites are: 
C'est la Vie : B*Witched
Keep on Movin' : Five
Stomp : Steps
That Don't Impress Me Much : Shania Twain
U Make Me Wanna : Blue
Rock DJ : Robbie Williams

Yoghurt 
 My foodie favourite of the month has to be these 'the collective' yoghurts. They've been on special offer in the co-op, so I thought I would give them a go, and oh me oh my, are they fab. The pots are absolutely massive so I think I would still pay full price for these! There are layers of yoghurt and filling so you can mix in how much you want/are going to use. These are great as you can have them with fruit and things, but they're also tasty enough that you can have them by themselves! 

Autumn Pinterest Boards 
 I think I included Pinterest in one of my favourites back in wintertime, but towards the end of this month I've been using to search for autumn inspiration. I'm not trying to hurry summer along, but rather I am looking forward to the change of season. If you would like to see my board click here and it'll take you straight to it! I'm always adding new pins to my various boards so feel free to follow me while you're there so you can keep up to date. If you haven't got pinterest but love making mood boards/scrapbooking then you'll love this. (FYI you can go on and scroll through and then you'll realise it's hours later since you started!) 

Bath Bombs
 Since our landlord got us a new boiler and we actually have hot water than just luke warm, I've been enjoying having baths again! I took a trip (dragging Tom with me) to Lush where I picked up a couple of bath bombs to try. I chose frozen, and the experimenter (and after visiting the website to find these links I love the fact that they show you what the bath bomb looks like once it's put in the bath) and I've used frozen which had a 'relaxing' smell- is that a thing? I don't know, but it was the type of scent you would find in a spa! I'm looking forward to trying out the experimenter with all the funky colours, and it smells amazing. 

Moisturiser 
 Whilst I was at Lush buying the bath bombs, I also picked up a new moisturiser to try. Entitled 'Skin Drink' I thought I would give this a try as my skin's been feeling dehydrated lately. My skin is very sensitive, but because of the natural ingredients I haven't had any reaction to this! It does have a bit of strange smell, but I've gotten used to this now. It is super nourishing, and my skin does look and feel less dehydrated and more plump. Unlike other fresh face masks and things, this doesn't need to be kept in the fridge so is easy to store!

 So there are the things that I've been loving throughout August! I thought I'd just point out that I still love things that I've mentioned in other favourites posts, but the ones I mention at the end of each month are things that I've been particularly enjoying throughout the current month. What have you been loving this month?

Love Jess xxx
Share:

3 comments

  1. I started a diet this month as I was at the top end of weight for my height and my waist was too large. I have worked hard to have reduced calories and my husband has been making low calorie cakes as I have a sweet tooth. Also taking more aerobic activities I have lost weight and 2" off my waist. Hoping not to put it back on next week when on Holiday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im obsessed with the collective yogurts they're so nice! Lovely post xxx

    Daizy
    http://brightdreamerz.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! When I tried the fudge one, I thought, why on earth haven't I had this before?! So good xx

      Delete

© jesslouisekeen | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig