Cookies

Tuesday 28 October 2014

A Love of Autumn

 Hello there! I think as it is nearly the end of October (I know- this month has gone really quickly!) we can safely say that we are in the midst of Autumn. Although at times it may feel like we've entered into winter with all the rain and wind! Personally Autumn is my favourite season of the year, and I thought I would share with you a few reasons why.

Crunchy Leaves
There's something wonderful about stepping out into a pile of freshly fallen leaves, and them crunching as you walk. 

Colours of trees
Although I do love seeing trees and flowers in bloom, I love the colours that they change to as Autumn hits- there's nothing better than walking through the park at this time of year and seeing all the shades of yellows, oranges and reds.

Snuggly knitwear
If there is one thing that you should know about me, it's that I love knitwear! My wardrobe does mainly constitute of jumpers, I personally think that you can never have enough. I know a lot of people are sad when summer ends, and it becomes colder (which in part I am) but I don't mind as I know that I can now start wearing my jumpers again!

Crisp morning air
There's nothing worse than having to walk to uni in the midst of the wind and rain. However, you get those lovely sunny days, where there's a crisp feel to the air, which immediately wakes you up and sets you up for the day!

Fireworks
With Autumn, comes fireworks, especially on bonfire night. I remember as a child going out into the garden all wrapped up, to watch the fireworks (although I hated the noise that they make). Firework displays are great, but I love the moment where you just look out of the window and see them going off. 

Red lips
Beauty-wise I love this time of year as you can crack out all the deep berry red lipsticks. Although it's not quite the party season yet, this gives a nod in that direction, and I just love how they look. 

Candles
I LOVE candles. I was so upset last year when we weren't allowed any in Halls! Although I love them all year round, this time of year candles just make everything look that much cosier! I really enjoy going to the candle shops and smelling all the different scents that are on offer.

Fairy Lights
I find fairy lights quite similar to candles, they make everything seem cosy and lighten the room in a way that isn't just your bog standard light. They just make everything appear that more 'magical'. 

I took this walking through Weston Park the other day. 






































Would you add anything to my list? What is your favourite season?

Love Jess xxx
Share:

1 comment

  1. Autumn is definitely my favourite season as well. Going back to school for the first time after summer in holidays in new winter uniform, with new pencil case,maybe bag etc. Seeing all the cob webs showing up in the hedgerows hung with dew drops. Harvest Festival is my favourite church service. Always takes me back to my youth, helping decorate the church with all the produce from field and garden. Lighting the first fire of the year in the grate. Love it xxxx

    ReplyDelete

© jesslouisekeen | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig