Cookies

Saturday 11 June 2016

Salmon and Cream Cheese Slice

 Hello there! It's been a while since my last cooking post, so I thought I would share with you a recipe  for a meal that I've been having a lot lately. I saw a video on facebook on how to create salmon wellington, and took this as the basis of my recipe, but used my own variant of ingredients. 

You will need:
-half a pack of ready made puff pastry (you can make your own but I find with puff pastry it's always easier to buy the ready made stuff! With the other half of the pack I made some sausage rolls)
-salmon fillet de-skinned 
-cream cheese of choice (I use Philadelphia)
-green pesto 
-lemon juice
-basil purée (optional)


 Roll out your pastry into a rectangle and place your salmon fillet at one end. Dependent on how long your oven takes to heat up, it needs to be at 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6, so either do this now or further on.




 Mix about two tablespoons of cream cheese with a teaspoon of the pesto, add a splash of lemon juice and some basil purée if using. 



 Lay out the cream cheese and pesto mix onto your salmon fillet. Roll up the fillet in the pastry until you reach the end, where if you put a bit of water along the edge you'll be able to stick the pastry together. Using a fork press down the pastry on the two shorter edges (you can cut off any excess pastry here if needs be).





 Taking a knife, slit the pastry diagonally both ways to create diamond shapes. You can use an egg wash over the top of the slice, but I just used water and this still turned the pastry a lovely golden colour. Place on a baking tray and cook for 20-25 minutes until golden and the salmon is cooked through.


 Once it is ready, you can now enjoy! I had this on its own, but you could easily split this into enough for two by adding a salad or some sweet potato fries. 



 As a big salmon lover this is a nice variant on cooking it in foil and doesn't take much time at all! As always if you recreate this or use this as a basis for other recipes, please let me know :-)

Love Jess xxx

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© jesslouisekeen | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig