Cookies

Sunday 8 November 2015

Fortnightly Catch Up #10

 Hello there! I can't believe that the last time I uploaded a fortnightly catch up post it was my birthday, and now two weeks later here I am, a 21 year old who feels like her birthday was months ago. I had a lovely birthday filled with food and laughter. For lunch Tom and I went to Ed's Diner which I had always wanted to try so I felt like I was in Grease, and we both really enjoyed it! It's definitely more of a lunchtime rather than evening meal kind of place, so if we happen to be in Meadowhall around lunchtime again I will definitely be returning. After stuffing ourselves we made our way over to the Paradise Island mini golf course and unfortunately Tom won (he didn't let me win on my birthday!), we had great fun and I think after a few more goes I might get the hang of it a bit more! I had a lovely get together in the evening with a big group of my friends and of course we had curry. The restaurant was really accommodating and brought out a caterpillar cake so we could all have a piece. The photo of us all is a bit blurry and this may be down the shot that the waiter had with me just before he took the photo!

Tom contemplating after his ball didn't go in! 




I have the bestest friends <3


I had a go at a new recipe for bonfire night, and I'm so pleased with how my bonfire cupcakes came out! I know it's past bonfire night now, but you can still have a go at making your own. Simply follow my post for the recipe!

 Most of my fortnight has been spent reading and preparing for essays, and I'm so glad that I've reached the mid way point of reading week for a breather. I'm trying to get as much done as possible so I can actually have some down time next week! I travelled back to Suffolk on Friday (scoring a seat in first class along the way) to spend some time with my family, as although my parents came up to see me in October, I hadn't been home since August (and I really missed Tilly cuddles). Although doing bits of work (and I actually found I got a lot done on the train home) it's been a nicely chilled weekend hanging out with my family. On the train home I was thinking how there'll only be a couple more times that I actually get the train home! (only because come next year that I'll have a car, not that I'm not going to visit them anymore haha). I can't believe that the next time I come home will be for Christmas- where has the year gone? It doesn't seem like 5 minutes since last years. On the Christmas note, I was having a look through the notonthehighstreet christmas gift guide, and on the couples stocking that is advertised, I noticed that the initial were T and J, and so I took this as a sign that Tom and I are meant to be! We're actually doing a stocking for each other this year as one of our gifts, and I'm really enjoying finding cute and quirky things to put inside. If you have any recommendations for places/sites to get stocking fillers from please let me know! 




Tilly's new hideout!
 I'm looking forward to seeing what the next fortnight holds! What have you been up to? Have you got anything planned over the next couple of weeks that you're looking forward to?

Love Jess xxx
Share:

1 comment

  1. I think looking round your local area shops great gifts can be found from small independent shops and you are supporting your community at the same time. I also love looking on Etsy, a web site for individual home made items from around the world xxxx

    ReplyDelete

© jesslouisekeen | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig