Cookies

Saturday 15 August 2015

Fortnightly Catch Up #4

 Hello there! Now is it just me or are these weeks flying by? The summer is going by so quickly! This last fortnight has been split between being at home in Suffolk and being back in Sheffield. Whilst I was at home I took a trip with my parents to Holkham Hall, and if you missed my two part special on my visit you can catch up here and here! I had been wanting to go to Holkham Hall for absolutely ages, and I would love to go back one day to take a visit to the beach as it looks beautiful! 



 On the Tuesday I went out for lunch with Lisa in Bungay, where we took a trip to the Earsham Street Delicatessen which do the best baguettes. When I used to work in Bungay it would always be a treat to go to the deli and get myself a sandwich! (This would normally be followed by either a vanilla or caramel slice). Once we had bought our baguettes we went and had a sit outside of the castle and we then took a wander around town. It was lovely to have another catch up with Lisa, as this is the last time that I'll be going home during the summer. In the evening Tom and I took a train to Ipswich to visit his dad and his fiancé, and it was really nice to have a catch up and just relax. 
 On the Friday evening Tom and I went for a meal to the Indian in Halesworth with Ned, Lewis and Bradley. As Tom and I took the bus to Halesworth and we were about half an hour early, we decided to take a walk around, which turned into a walk down memory lane. Tom and I used to spend a lot of time in Halesworth together both before and after we got together, and I spent many a Sunday there before I even knew Tom as a lot my friends lived there. We went to the park where we had a go on the swings and it was really lovely and nostalgic.


 One of the main reasons for our return to Suffolk was to go to my grandad's 80th birthday celebration on the Saturday. I have done a post about what I wore, as I love going to events where you can get dressed up! It really was such a beautiful day as the weather was glorious and Seckford Hall is so pretty. 





 I absolutely love this photo of me and my parents- I must remember to get it printed and put in a frame!





 I have been busy this last week as I was working on the Confirmation and Clearing helpline at the University. I cannot believe that it is now two years since I found out I was coming to Sheffield; on the one hand it's gone by in a flash, but on the other it feels like a lifetime ago. I can't remember what it was like to not have Sheffield in my life. I must say a massive congratulations to Tom's brother Lewis who has been accepted into his first choice of University! You're not the 12 year old I knew when I first met Tom any more, and we're both super proud of you! I hope that if you received your results on Thursday that you were pleased with what you got, and you're now onto a new exciting time of your life whether that be going to University, or going out into the career world. 

Mappin Building in the sunshine on one of my lunch times.

  Those who are observant will notice that this post is a day early- Tom and I are going away for a few days and so I will not be able to post anything tomorrow as I shall be on a plane! This also means that my usual Wednesday post will be moved forward to the Thursday- so check back then!

What have you been up to recently? Have you got anything fun planned for the near future?

Love Jess xxx
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© jesslouisekeen | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig