Cookies

Wednesday 24 June 2015

May/June Favourites

 Hello there! It's getting to that time of the month where I round up a few things that I have been loving this month. I'm going to incorporate one or two from May, as I never got around to doing a May Favourites post, as it fell when I was taking my break for exams. There's a few to be getting through, so let's get on with it!

Cake
  Okay, 'cake' isn't necessarily something that I have only been loving this month, but I realised that I've eaten quite a few lovely desserts this month, and if you missed my 'What have I been up to recently?' post on Sunday, you can have a read of it here as it goes into detail about some of the other lovely desserts that I have been having. This particular cupcake I had on Monday at 'Fancie' which is on Ecclesfield Road in Sheffield. I'd never been here before, but I was meeting up with a few friends and Phoebe suggested that we come here! This was such a cute little cafe, and I will definitely be returning! With this chocolate cupcake I had a Mango and Passionfruit smoothie which was also amazing! They have savoury food, so I will have to go back for lunch one day and try out some of their other food. 


Roberts Revival Radio




































 You may recognise this radio from my Summer Wishlist post, which a lovely little fairy (my parents) saw, and decided to surprise me with one! I was so surprised to come home to a parcel and open it to find the Roberts Revival Radio in the beach hut print! This was only about a week ago, but I LOVE IT so I had to include it in my favourites. I love being able to just put it on in the background while I do things in my room, and although I do like playing my own music, I like being able to put the radio on to hear new songs/not have to decide what I want to listen to. The sound quality is amazing, and if the last week is anything to go by, I will be getting A LOT of use out of this! 

Espadrille Shoes




































 I bought these Espadrilles from New Look a few weeks ago, and oh my, they are so comfy. I've had pairs of Espadrille's from New Look before, and they've always been so comfy, but my current ones were getting a bit worn out so it was time for some new ones. They had a few variants of colour, but I decided to go for the red striped ones, as I felt these were lovely and summery with the bright pop of colour, and that these go with most outfits that I have been wearing. The only downside that I know from past experience is that if you wear these and get a tan, obviously only half of your foot will be tanned!

Chloé Perfume




































 My go to perfume for a while has been the Chloé original perfume.  I fell in love with this perfume at the airport on the way to/from Lanzarote last year, and I was lucky enough to receive it as a birthday present last year. I've used this a lot, but you wouldn't really be able to tell through looking at it, so I know that this bottle will last me a long time. You only need a small spray and the smell lasts throughout the day (sometimes I will have been wearing a jumper with it on, and then put this jumper on another day and I can still smell it!). It's a mix of "Warm amber, honey and cedar wood notes, blended with the overpowering aroma of roses" and it's a perfume that I have found can be used both in winter, and into the summer. 

Rings





































  I bought a multipack of rings from Primark a while back, and I've been loving wearing a few, or just one at a time. With a mix of normal rings and midi rings, these can be worn both during the day, and at night time. I really like the different shapes and although they're really simple, I think they look really effective together.

Highlighters




































 Okay so I know what you're thinking, this is a strange favourite. But, I found these ever so helpful during revision and essay writing, for memorising quotes, or separating articles for essays. I colour co-ordinated my use of these, for example when I looked at a book, when writing out things that I found interesting, I would use green to highlight the title and the publication details, and then use an orange to highlight the separate chapter titles. I would then go back through my notes with the yellow to highlight what I thought was the most useful out of the bunch. This might sound a bit over the top, but it was so much easier when it came to writing out bibliographies for essays that I could easily find the information I needed, and to not have to search through all of my notes to find the right information.

 So there are some things that I have been loving for the past couple of months! Is there anything that you have been loving recently?

Jess xxx
Share:

1 comment

© jesslouisekeen | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig