Cookies

Saturday 4 April 2015

#52weeksofhappiness-Week 46

 Hello there! How has your week been? It doesn't feel like 5 minutes since I last said that- where do these weeks go? On Sunday my aunt, cousin and his girlfriend came over to join us at the village's 'Pudden Day'. That's right, you heard (read) correctly. It's an annual 'competition', to basically eat as many puddings as you can. You have to start off with a bowl of soup and bread, and then you can get into the puddings! To begin with they bring out the hot puddings, and once everyone has had enough of those, they then bring out the cold. The reigning champion has had 23 before! However he wasn't there this time, and the person who won ate 19 1/2 (I don't know why they didn't finish the extra half). I didn't manage that many: I had a respectful score of 8! Half of these were slices of pavlova, but that's fine as you can never have too much pavlova. (I would like it to be noted now that the portions of pudding were small, so it's not like I actually ate half a pavlova). I think it had been about 7 years since I last went to Pudden Day, but we all really enjoyed it!
 The rest of the week was more of the usual; taking Tilly out for walks, and doing some reading here and there. Yesterday I went round to Kirstie's for the day which was lovely as it had been a few weeks since I had seen her! We spent the day chatting/watching films. We watched The Reader (of which the book was in my March favourites) and the classic that is Phantom of the Opera. I was really impressed with the film version of The Reader, as it managed to convey the novel really well, and you were able to get into the characters in the same way. I was also happy to see her West Highland Terrier as I hadn't seen him in absolutely ages! 

One portion of pudding


Tilly was in an annoying mood this week, but she's still a cutie.



































What made you happy this week? 

Love Jess xxx
Share:

1 comment

© jesslouisekeen | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig