Cookies

Tuesday 31 March 2015

Chocolate Easter Lollipops

 Hello there! It is less than a week to Easter, so I thought it only fitting to do a (sort of) Easter themed treats blogpost! These chocolate lollipops are really easy to make, and a lot of fun as you can customise them to your own taste.



You will need:
Greaseproof paper
Baking Tray
A bowl to melt your chocolate in
Lollipop sticks
Chocolate bar of your choice (90-100g made two lollies)
Any toppings you would like (I had some micro eggs, Refreshers and Love Hearts)










Process:
Lay a sheet of greaseproof paper over your baking tray, and draw on 4 egg shapes. 

Take your bar of chocolate, and break it up. I melted the chocolate over a saucepan, but you could equally do this in the microwave. If you do decide to melt the chocolate in the microwave, make sure you put it in for short bursts, and stir in-between to ensure it melts properly.
Melt about 3/4 of the chocolate, and then add the other 1/4 to the bowl while it is off the heat and stir in, as when this melts it should help to speed up the cooling process.




Leave to cool for about 5 minutes. While I waited for the chocolate to cool a bit, I crushed up the Refreshers and Love Hearts together, to create different sized chunks to add to the lollies. 


Spoon out the chocolate onto the egg shapes. I put a thin layer over the shape to begin with, stuck the lollipop stick in, and then covered it over to create a thicker lolly, and this also ensured that the stick wouldn't come out. Repeat this process on the other shapes until you run out of chocolate. 



I made both milk and white chocolate lollies. If like me you decide to use different types of chocolate, ensure you wash the bowl and dry it thoroughly before melting a different type, as the water can interfere with the chocolate/the melting process.

Sprinkle your sweets of choice on top and then pop the tray into the fridge. 


Leave to set for a couple of hours, and then carefully take the lollies off the paper and they're complete! These are great to make for yourself, or as gifts. If you are giving them as gifts, you can tie ribbon around the stick like I have,  to create a more professional finish.



 These were a lot fun to make, and you can get really creative too. I especially think children would love to make these! (but believe me, they're fun for adults as well). If you recreate these, please let me know! As always leave a comment, or tweet me @jesslouisekeen.

I hope you all have a lovely Easter weekend.

Love Jess xxx
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© jesslouisekeen | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig