Cookies

Tuesday 24 February 2015

February Favourites

 Hello there! It is again that time of the month where I do a round up of all the things that I have been loving. I honestly do not know where February has gone; how are we now about to go into the 3rd month of the year already? Let's get into the favourites!

Bagels
 I had never really had bagels before, but after having them a couple of times at a cafe, I thought why not have my own at home? I had the plain ones to start with, but these are the sesame seed ones. They go well with my love of Philadelphia, and I also had them with mayonnaise and some chunks of ham. I've had them at cafe's with scrambled egg and smoked salmon, but I am yet to try this combination myself! They're a really quick and easy lunch, and I can then pretend that I'm actually in New York (although ironically I don't know what that feels like as I've never been there!).




































Honey
 This month I thought that I was coming down with a cold a few times, as I had a really bad sore throat. Now this is the one thing I detest about a cold (snuffles etc are just annoying) and to try and combat it, I would have a few spoonfuls of honey. I never used to actually like honey, but now I love it! I also found that putting it in with green tea was a really nice sweetener and again helped my throat! 

Homeland
 Now if you've been reading my blog throughout February this is going to come as no surprise. Tom and I have been completely obsessed with watching Homeland as it's just so good! All I will say is that it's about terrorism in relation to America. I promise you it's not boring and is so intense (basically just go watch it!). Tom and I are now onto season 3, and as there's only 4, I reckon it won't be too long until we finish the whole thing!

Signs of Spring
 I say signs of spring, yet as I write this it's chucking it down with rain and has been snowing this morning. Now I know what you're thinking, and I agree: this is not spring. But, there have been a couple of nice days where it was actually warm and sunny, and even though I know it's not going to be like that all the time, it's a nod in the right direction. I am thoroughly looking forward to when it is like this more often, and generally when it's just not as cold! I bought myself some daffodils the other day, and they're now all starting to come out into bloom. These really do brighten up my room on a dull day!


Ben Howard- 'I Forget Where We Were'
 My music love this month has been Ben Howard's 'I Forget Where We Were' album. I actually got this as a birthday present from Tom many months ago, but I've found that I've been listening to it a lot this month as it's quite chilled and nice to have on in the background. I am not someone who can study in silence, and this extends to when I read (not so much novels, but articles and things) and this album has been the perfect backdrop for this. My favourite tracks are 'Rivers in Your Mouth', 'I Forget Where We Were', 'She Treats Me Well' and 'All Is Now Harmed'.

So there are my favourites! Is there anything in particular that you have been loving this month? As always let me know in the comments or tweet me @jesslouisekeen!

Love Jess xxx
Share:

1 comment

  1. Did manage to do a bit of gardening in the few less cold days, was nice to be outside for a while without being fully muffled up!!!! Xx

    ReplyDelete

© jesslouisekeen | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig