Cookies

Saturday 28 February 2015

#52weeksofhappiness-Week 41

 Hello there! How has your week been? Last Saturday night saw the end to my cold, which of course meant a return to Pop Tarts! (If you don't know what this is where have you been?! It's a club night at the Union that plays all the cheesy classics). This then meant that most of Sunday was spent chilling out, with an evening filled watching Indian Summers (has anyone else been watching this? My housemate Adam and I love it!). 
 The week then saw a return to lectures/seminars, but on Wednesday I met up with Lucy for lunch (at you guessed it, Interval) and we realised that the last time we had properly seen each other was before Christmas! I had a Cajun Chicken sandwich with wedges, and she had a Burrito. It was so lovely to go for a catch up and we can't leave it this long in between another time! 
 If you've been wondering what happened to the alphabet dates, do not fear they are back! We had only left it so long in-between 'H' and 'I', as for 'I' we wanted to go ice skating and on Wednesday evenings they have a special student rate. This was a first for both of us, and a part of me did wish that I would go and find a hidden talent, but of course this was not the case. As soon as I stepped out onto the ice I nearly fell over! I was one who did not let go of the side, and after a while of trying not to fall over/stay balanced, I wanted to get off, but as you can only go round one way I had to keep going! We made it about 3/4 of the way round until we eventually could get off. Luckily Tom was bad at it too, which meant I didn't hinder him from wanting to carry on, yet it would have been good to of been with someone that could do it, who could then help you go round. We were happy that we had done it, but I don't think we'll be going again. We do want to go and see an ice hockey match one day though!
 On Thursday afternoon I travelled from Sheffield to Norwich for the weekend. Before I left in the morning I ordered a salad from the Union's 'New Leaf' (salad bar) which I could pick up after my lecture! I went for a mix of lettuce and cous-cous as a base; with ham, sweetcorn, mushrooms, sunflower seeds and a honey and mustard dressing. The pot they give you is massive, and it saw me through my train journey/reading of Paradise Lost.
 Now that I'm home I've been chilling out which has been a nice break to my busy weeks! Today my aunt and cousin came round, and it was so lovely to spend time with them again. I'll be venturing back to Sheffield tomorrow, but we first have to make it through the traffic in Norwich as their football team is playing Ipswich, which means it could be chocker blocked! (Wish me luck!)

Pre-Pop Tarts

My Cajun Chicken lunch

Before the ice skating!

My train home
Reunited with this beauty

What made you happy this week?

Love Jess xxx
Share:

1 comment

  1. Having you back to visit for the weekend and being able to give you a cuddle xxxx

    ReplyDelete

© jesslouisekeen | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig