Cookies

Tuesday 30 December 2014

December Favourites

 Hello there! Where has December gone? I cannot believe that it is nearly 2015 and I can then say the words 'I finish University next year'. Lets just ignore that fact for now. As it is the end of the month, here is a round up of all the things that I have been loving for the past month. Let me know what you have been loving in the comments!

Instagram
 I have been an instagram user for quite some time now (for those of you who don't know what instagram is it's effectively twitter but with photos). However throughout December, as I have now had more free time on my hands, I have been loving looking through my instagram feed and seeing everyone's photos. Many an hour has been spent refreshing the 'explore' section and seeing who else I can follow! (if you do have instagram, my username is @jesslouisekeen- cheeky plug there!)

Michael Buble's Christmas Album
 I was never a fan of Michael Buble. I will now however freely admit that I am a fan. I don't know if it's the fact that I've now succeeded in to the 20 age bracket, or something else, but throughout December (and a part of November) I loved listening to his Christmas album. I will have to extend out to see whether I like anymore of his music, or whether I just like this album alone!

Fires
 I'm being a bit cheeky here and adding this one in, although I've only been enjoying them for about half of the month. Although we have a fireplace in Sheffield, it's been blocked up as it is a student house. However, on coming back home, I have loved to simply sit by the fire as it's getting darker and colder outside with a hot cup of tea. 


Christmas
 For me, this is what the month has been leading up to! I have been drawn to anything that has been to do with the festive season. Whether you are religious or not, I still think that this is such a lovely time as you get to spend quality time with your family! I have overly consumed myself with food over the past few days, and so it will be nice to get back to normality again!



Jingle Bells by Barry M
 For me, this is the best time of year to whack all things that are glitzy- especially nail varnishes! The one that I have been loving this month is this one from Barry M called 'Jingle Bells'. I haven't used it on it's own, as I think this would take a while to build up the nail so that it was completely covered, but it looks lovely over other colours; especially berry toned ones. (Here I've paired it with Barry M's 'Raspberry')


























Country Walks
 A part of coming home, means that I can now take out Tilly on walks again! It's lovely when you have that morning where it's sunny, but there's a crisp feeling to the air. Ironically though, the longer the walk I seem to take her on, the more energy she seems to have when she returns home! As a part of my Christmas presents, my parents bought me a proper pair of walking boots, and so I look forward to being able to go out into the peaks again when I return to Sheffield! (or probably just using them to walk to uni if it happens to snow!).





































Taylor Swift
 I think I've been a bit late to jump on the bandwagon for Taylor Swift's new album '1989'. I have always liked Taylor Swift, and this album is definitely in a new direction. For me, when I listened to the previews I thought I wasn't going to really like it, but luckily I was able to borrow the cd off of my friend Megan (who also has a blog so check her out here!). My favourite songs from the album are 'Welcome to New York', 'Style' and 'Out of the Woods'.

Tea
 At times I seem to have a love/hate relationship with tea. I'll go through phases where I absolutely love it, but then revert back to fruit tea. However this month has definitely been a 'I love tea' month. I had used up my box of Yorkshire Tea and went onto PG Tips. At first I wasn't sure how I felt about this transition, but I am now used to it! Do you have a favourite brand of tea?

Films
 I have watched A LOT of films this month. Whether they be Christmas related or not, I've been watching them. I think it's just the time of year where it's so horrible outside, that you just want to snuggle up under a blanket and watch a film. On Christmas Day, we sat down to watch 'Arthur Christmas' which none of us had seen before. It was actually really enjoyable and I will be adding it onto my Christmas film list for next year!

James Bay
 I've only just realised that a lot of my favourites this month have been music related. James Bay is a relatively new find- I discovered him through iTunes on the 'upcoming artists' to watch out for list. If you're a fan of Ben Howard, I definitely think that you will like him. My favourite song of his is called 'If You Ever Want To Be In Love'. He has a new album coming out at the end of March, and I definitely think I will purchasing it! (or at least adding it to my spotify playlist!)

So there you have my favourites for the past month! I wish you all a very happy and healthy New Year! 
What have you been loving throughout December?

Love Jess xxx
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© jesslouisekeen | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig