Cookies

Tuesday 25 November 2014

November Favourites

 Hello there! Today's post is going to be the first of a new feature here on my blog. At the end of every month I will be doing a 'monthly favourites' post, where I share with you everything that I have been loving for the past month. So let's get on with it! 

1. Bath Bombs

























  In the scale of things, I am most definitely a bath kind of girl over a shower. One of the highlights of going home last year was the fact that I could have a bath! However now that I am in a shared house, and we have a bath, I took the opportunity to take a trip to Lush a couple of weeks ago. They have all their holiday season bath bombs out at the moment, so I picked up quite a few! I still have some left, but this has been my favourite one so far and is called 'Dashing Santa'. You simply run the bath, pop him in, and then he fizzes out into the bath. With mandarin oil, bergamot oil, and orange flower, the scent of this instantly reminded me of Christmas (Am I the only one who still asks for a satsuma at the bottom of their stocking?)

2. Scarves





































I have wanted a tartan scarf for absolutely aaaaaages, and I managed to find one when I went into Urban Outfitters. I had been on the look out for a red tartan print, but as soon as I saw this, that went out of the window. This scarf is honestly one of the softest that I have ever owned, and is so snug to wear this time of year (especially as it has now become a lot colder!) What is also great about this scarf, is the fact that it goes with everything so there's no worry of having to find a different one before you leave the house!

3. Denim Jacket





































 I bought this back at the end of the summer as a jacket that could be worn in that in-between stage of the seasons. It's from Topshop and is worth every penny that I paid! The body part is fleece-lined which makes it snug when it is cold, but as the arms don't have this lining, it is able to be worn if it is a bit warmer. I have worm this a lot this month, but I don't think I'll be able to wear it quite so much anymore and will have to go on to wearing my full on winter coat!

4. Hot Chocolates and Coffee
 No matter what time of year it is, I do love having a cup of coffee or hot chocolate. If you've been a follower of this blog for a while, you'll know that there is rarely a week when I don't go out for a coffee with someone somewhere! When it comes to hot chocolate however I am a lot more picky. I don't like the instant ones which leave lumps of the chocolate powder floating around, and I don't like the overly milky ones. However, one that I can fully recommend is the Milky Way hot chocolate! You simply heat up the milk in the microwave, and then poor this over the powder in your mug and stir. No lumpy bits, and it doesn't taste too milky! I then pile on (probably too many) marshmallows and if you then zap this in the microwave (remember to take out the spoon!) for about 20 seconds, all the marshmallows will melt and you'll have the best hot chocolate!

5. Autumn















 There isn't really much to say for this one, apart from the fact that I love Autumn! If you missed my post about why, you can catch up here.  

6. Pasta Bakes
 There is a myth of pasta being the staple student food and that we eat nothing else; this isn't true! The only time I eat pasta is because I actually want to or I need something that won't take very long to make. One variation that I have had a lot of this month is that of pasta bakes. All you need is your cooked pasta in a sauce, place this into an ovenproof dish, cover with cheese and grill! Although it is really simple, it's nice to be able to have something slightly different than the standard bowl of pasta.

7. Foo Fighters
 A band that I have been listening to a lot this month is the Foo Fighters. Having long been a favourite of mine this isn't surprising, but Tom, Megan and I managed to get tickets to go and see them in May next year! I am beyond excited and my teenage self would be really jealous! 

8. Strictly Come Dancing
 I used to watch Strictly Come Dancing a lot when I was younger, but I had then got out of the habit of doing so. However this year I have really gotten back into it and have been really enjoying it! I'm not sure the rest of my house appreciate it so much, but I think they secretly like it. It's now getting to the stage where it's really hard to call who's going to stay and who's going to go- I don't want it to be over though!

9. Handing in Essays
 Although obviously not a favourite for the whole month, this has made it's way in here as I now feel a bit more human again and not such an essay machine. Even though I obviously still have work to do, I feel that I can take my time over it a bit more, and not have to rush.

10. Starting to feel Christmassy



















 I know that it is only November, but today's the 25th so that means it's only a month until Christmas and we can now get excited right? (To be fair, I've already been excited for most of the month so...) If you read my last #52weeksofhappiness post from Saturday, you will already have seen this photo! I know people say that it is way too early, and in some ways it is, but I always think the lead up to Christmas is the most exciting part!

So there you have it, my November favourites! Is there anything that you've been loving this month? Let me know in the comments!

Love Jess xxx
Share:

1 comment

  1. Autumn is my favourite season and the Harvest Festival church service from when I was a child. Love you Jess

    ReplyDelete

© jesslouisekeen | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig