Cookies

Tuesday 11 November 2014

Chocolate Chunk Cookies

 Hello there! I have recently noticed a surge of people eating cookies (mainly from my housemates going to Sainsbury's to buy the packs of 5) and I wanted to try to make my own. I had never made cookies before, and I was so proud of their outcome that I just had to share it with you! I took the recipe from Youtuber Tanya Burr, and you can see the original recipe here, but I decided to only do half of what she used.



Ingredients:
-100g Butter (softened)
-150g Caster Sugar
-1 Egg
-160g Self-Raising Flour (although I did end up using a lot more when trying to bring the dough together.)
-100g Chocolate
*I was going to add vanilla essence, but I decided not to in the end*


Process:
Preheat oven to 200°C/392°F/Gas Mark 6

Place a sheet of greaseproof paper on your baking tray.

Mix the sugar and butter together with an electric whisk, and then add the egg and mix in.



Gradually add the flour and fold/stir in. Make sure you that you add it a bit at a time, to ensure that it is mixed in properly. 



If you find after you have added all the flour in, that the dough is sticky, just keep adding more flour until it comes to a dough consistency (I just did it until it resembled pastry dough). I found that actually getting messy and mixing in the flour by hand enabled me to know when the dough was ready.

Once you are happy with your dough, you can then add in the chocolate chunks. The half recipe called for 200g chocolate, but after I mixed in 100g I thought this looked enough. To make sure the chocolate chunks are distributed evenly, mix them in by hand. Once they are all mixed in, you then need to shape these into balls. 



Place these balls onto your baking trays, and make sure you place these evenly apart as they spread out. (Another time I think I would flatten them down a bit more-as Ross said, they looked a bit 'dome-like')



Put into the oven for 10-15 minutes. I didn't think that they were ready, so I probably left them in for a bit longer than I should have. When they're ready take them out and let them cool. Enjoy!


If you do decide to make these, please tweet me a picture! And let me know what you think :)

Love Jess xxx
Share:

2 comments

© jesslouisekeen | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig