Cookies

Saturday 4 October 2014

#52weeksofhappiness-Week 20

 Hello there! Don't these weeks just fly by? This week marked the beginning of my second year of University, and the end of all the free time that I had been used to. The good thing about starting this year, is that I actually know where every building is now (I can also convince myself that I can get to my next class within ten minutes although it's in a completely different building) and I actually know of most of the tutors that there are, so I was able to pick my seminars with confidence. 
 On Monday before my lectures, I decided to try out yoga. It was alright, although the 'umming' (I'm sure there is a technical term for this) wasn't really for me. I will definitely be sticking with my Pilates instead! 
 One aspect that has made my week is the fact that I have been able to spend time with my friends again on a regular basis. Quite a few are in my seminars with me, and it's nice to be able to lunch together if we have a spare hour in between. Wednesday brought about the fresher's fair, which in my opinion should really just be nicknamed the 'domino's fair'. There are a lot of stalls giving away free things, but what attracts most of the students is the free pizza! You can only get a slice on the day (although I'm sure you could queue up again) but you get a voucher for a free whole pizza. You know the reality of student living when you go the next day and see the queue of everyone trying to get their pizza. What students will do for free food! 
 Within the fair Reesha and I got a voucher for a free hot chocolate, which we took advantage of! We've both been really busy recently so it was really lovely being able to spend some quality time together! I had bit of a bad day yesterday- the washing machine broke meaning that I had to hand wash all my clothes (it had soaked them but not actually washed them) and I also came out with a cold. By some coincidence Phoebe was coming round in the afternoon and she brought me some flowers which was perfect timing! They were just what I needed to cheer me up.

Hot Chocolates are even better when they are free!

What students will do for free food.










































































This was a lovely present that my friend Will got me!
My lovely flowers from Phoebe




























What made you happy this week?

Love Jess xxx
Share:

2 comments

© jesslouisekeen | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig