Cookies

Tuesday 1 July 2014

Lanzarote

Hello there! Today's post is going to be dedicated to my trip away to Lanzarote. It was interesting travelling to a part of the world that I had never been to before, and it had such a different climate. Although hot, there was a breeze which made it nice to walk about in. Normally when I am abroad I am more of a beach kind of girl, but here the sand was scorching hot (I'm not even exaggerating- you couldn't stand still on it for long) and the sea was really cold as Lanzarote is in the Atlantic! The landscape was really sparse which I found strange as apart from the palm trees, everything was brown. I guess that is because of how hot it is! The east side of the island is where a majority of people live owing to the volcanoes being in the west. We took a half day trip up to the volcanoes which was really interesting to see as I had never experienced anything like that before! I had a lovely time away and it just went so quickly! However it was nice to come home to see some green again. Here are a few snaps of the trip...










I took this photo whilst walking along the seafront of Costa Teguise.



This is within the main city of Arrecife.

This devil is the symbol of the volcanoes. There is a myth that if a couple kisses in front of it they will stay together forever. Looks like Tom is stuck with me then!



As a part of the trip we were driven down to an area that is completely made out of hardened lava from the last volcanic eruption in the 18th century.




 I had to put this last picture in as I couldn't believe how much their flights were delayed by! They would have had to of been there from 06:45 in the morning too, and so were waiting 16 hours for their flight. I had to laugh when we were queuing to go through the boarding gate, as there was a man in front of us complaining about how we were 5 minutes late to go in and how this was 'typical'. I mean, there were people who had been waiting all day for their flight and he was annoyed about a few minutes! He has obviously never tried getting the Sheffield to Norwich train!

Have you been anywhere that's completely different to your surroundings at home?

Love Jess xxx


Share:

1 comment

  1. We be in Sheffield next week which will be totally alien from Beccles and Bungay!!!

    ReplyDelete

© jesslouisekeen | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig